Consumable Treats for a Large Breed Puppy
I swear, I’ve found the perfect treats for a large breed puppy. Two-fold, I’ve got great treats that can be used as high quality rewards, and different treats for teething. Both are consumable treats, and one is our giveaway treat for this second half of the month. If you’re following the giveaway, I’m sure you’ll recognize these:
Last week I talked to you about the adorable Great Pyrenees puppy which visited, just eight weeks old. He’s the size of my full grown terriers.
When introduced to the Heart Breakers, this large breed puppy said yes, please. He was a happy puppy, munching on the slices of pork heart while in full view of a flock of chickens. While Eretrius ate, I filled his dad in on the benefits of starting this large breed puppy off right with Jones Natural Chews.
- Jones Natural Chews are always 100% all natural, with zero artificial ingredients
- Jones are always 100% grown and produced in the USA
- Jones treats are slow baked, with just the right moisture levels introduced, making their bones some of the safest on the market
- Jones treats are mostly single ingredient treats, like these pork heart slices
- Jones labels their treats according to the size of the dog, with medium to large also equating to aggressive chewers (which has nothing to do with the actual aggression of the dog, only their chewing habits) – these Heart Breakers are labeled for all size dogs
- Jones multi ingredient treats – our jerkies, taffies and sausages – are perfect for training puppies, since they’re easily snapped or torn into much smaller pieces, meaning they’ll last a long time, and they can be just the right size for any size dog
See? The perfect dog treat! If you wanted to, you could even take the kitchen shears to the Heart Breakers. But I think they’re a great size for the occasional celebratory treat.
Teething Treat for a Large Breed Puppy
I also introduced Eretrius to another new treat from Jones Natural Chews, which we’ll be seeing in a few weeks, the Braided Stix. It’s a huge braided bully that is consumable, but long-lasting for a teether. I think I gave Eretrius the large Braided Stix, at eight inches. He gnawed on it for the entire half hour or more than he was here and barely made a dent.
What a happy puppy! For people who don’t want to give their dogs bones, and who know the dangers of rawhide (PLEASE don’t ever give your dog a rawhide chew!), this Braided Stix is the perfect teething treat for large breed puppies. It’s large and tough and should last a long time. I always recommend taking it away when it gets to the end of the stick, sizable enough to swallow. Like young children, I don’t trust puppies not to swallow things they shouldn’t.
Your dog, whether it’s a puppy or full grown, wants some Jones Natural Chews. It told me so. I have this telepathic link with dogs all over the country. It’s a little overwhelming at times, truth be told. And here’s your chance to win some great Heart Breakers from Jones for your dog! Click on this sentence and you’ll be taken to the giveaway post, where you’ll scroll to the bottom, click on the Rafflecopter, and follow the directions. I’ll give you a hint – tweeting about the contest daily via Rafflecopter greatly increases your chances at winning. And that’ll make your dog smile. Naturally.
Go! Enter! And give your dog a Jones Natural Chew!
Spreading the good chews …