Treatment Nine is Done!
Woohoo! Treatment nine is over! Only three left! Only, I’m not as excited about all of this as I used to be. But this is not a whine-fest. Let’s look at the positives, yes?
- I’m three quarters through chemo
- This is my second chemo, and hopefully the last of all treatments, so really? I’m nearly ten months into eleven months of treatments and surgery – home stretch, baby!
- The doctors and nurses keep telling me I’m doing really well, meaning I’m not 80 years old and still not using a wheelchair to get to treatment – and my labs are still decent
- I’m finally getting used to this dang blasted, stinking colostomy bag. Okay, no. I’m not. But I think I’ve finally found the right combination of parts that work for me, so yay!
- I’ll be done with chemo two whole WEEKS before Christmas!!
- My family and friends have been AMAZING, pitching in, getting things done, making sure I don’t go without – I am SO blessed and grateful
- Hunny has been the most amazing of all – that man rubs my feet at night (just the icing on the cake, since he does SO much more), to keep my circulation going
How could I not be positive when I look at this list?! I’m almost there!! Just another month and a half. And when you see me complaining the day after Thanksgiving, cut me some slack? I have treatment that week and will probably stay home and sleep while everyone else is eating turkey. A sad thing, yes, but I should be alive and well for next Thanksgiving. There’s that.
This really is a dog blog. Honest. I can’t even begin to chronicle what my dogs have given up because of my cancer. Lots of play and outdoor time. Rides in the car. So much, poor little things. But the one thing they do have is the best treats in the world! They always have Jones Natural Chews available. Wait. Sometimes. See, the downside of cancer and chemo is that I have no energy. So even getting up to get their Big Paw Jerky or Sausage Sticks is difficult. So I lied. They have to head up to Hunny’s man cave in the evenings to get treats. He keeps a stash just for them. I do recommend keeping Jones’ treat stashes around the house. I store mine in coffee cans.
The giveaway? Oh yeah! It’s almost over, so you have to enter now!! Jones Natural Chews is giving one lucky dog some fantastic Sausage Sticks! Just click this sentence to get to the entry post, then enter to win! Your dog will smile. Mine will, too. My dogs are very intuitive. They’ll know. And smile. Really. Now scoot. Enter!
Spreading the good chews …