La Quinta is a dog friendly hotel. Now that I have small dogs that travel with me, I look for dog friendly hotels, and have stayed at some pretty swanky ones for conferences. The Westin Buckhead in Atlanta, Loews in Atlanta, as well as others in other parts of the country. But La Quinta is probably my favorite so far. And no, they’re not paying me to write this. I love y’all and want to let you know what works.
Granted, the fancy hotels are, well, fancy. They have certain dog amenities which make staying there a happy thing. But the swankier places charge an extra 50 dollars a night to keep the dogs. That’s a breaking point for me if I have to pay for it myself. I’m cheap.
So far I’ve stayed the night in La Quinta in Dothan, AL, Alexandria, LA, and Texarkana, TX. The selling points are:
- Less than $100 a night – ranging from 60 to 92, so far in the locations I’ve been to, with the 60 dollar night being a motel, which I did not know La Quinta had, but it was decent for a motel, the room not smelling of smoke, and very nice for the price
- There’s no extra charge for the dogs
- all La Quinta serve a continental breakfast of sorts. The motel even had a nice breakfast assortment. My mother had a waffle (waffle makers always make me happy), while I had this.
Two weeks on the road and I was done with carbs and high fat foods. And granted, the dogs weren’t allowed in the breakfast area, but that’s true nearly everywhere you go. Dogs and food don’t mix.
- La Quinta has nice rooms, with decent size bathrooms
- They tend to offer dog potty stations somewhere on the grounds, including poop bag dispensers and a trash can, though we travel with our own poop bags
- And the dogs are allowed to sleep in the beds, of course
I had no idea that such a dog friendly hotel existed. I’ve been reluctant, in the past, to travel with the dogs. I’m told that you can have up to two dogs in the room, and that dogs should be under 35 pounds, but I saw German Shepherds at the hotel. From now on, when traveling with dogs, I’ll be staying at La Quinta. And I’ll be traveling with my mother, since we get the senior discount that way. 😉
Have you entered the Jones Natural Chews giveaway yet? We’re giving away a Chewer’s Gift disk for some lucky dog! Click on this link to be taken, via a new tab, to the giveaway. Your dog will smile if you do. Naturally.
Stay tuned, over the next week, to hear about my BarkWorld experience! I learned a tremendous amount and will be sharing some of it with you. Why attend a conference if you can’t share, right? But honestly, my favorite part of the entire trip was seeing the Harlem Globetrotters. Seeing childhood heroes in person was too much fun!
Until I write again …