So Jodi Chick, Kol and Felix’s mom, tagged me on FaceCrack this weekend, complaining that the Jones Natural Chews theme song nearly gave her a heart attack. Okay, first – who keeps the volume all the way up on their computer speakers? Second, it’s called cardio. Jones gave Jodi’s heart a good work out is all. Now pop over and listen to the theme song right quick before we get to the Dance Off and giveaway part. It’ll open in a separate window, I promise.
Back so soon? Well, during the cardio conversation, wherein I dismissed her need for a defibrillator (you turned your own speakers down, right? Isn’t it a catchy little number?), Mort’s mom, Jen, over at Stylish Canine, weighed in. Evidently it’s Mort’s favorite new theme song. LA LA LA. She even made this snazzy Dance Off logo.
So Suzy, my boss, suggested a Dance Off for dogs, dancing to the Jones jingle. It’s a brilliant idea! Because, y’know, Suzy is brilliant. I’m not just saying that because she’s my boss. Honest. BUT BECAUSE IT’S TRUE.
And I told her I’d start with Chewy dancing, maybe throw in a little Patches and Flash. Do you KNOW how hard it is to video your own dogs dancing while you’re holding the treats AND the camera? And none of your children will get their rear ends downstairs to hold the camera? Why, those lazy, good for nothing …
Oops. Sorry. Dance Off. Giveaway. Right. My own dogs dancing.
We obviously need to work on our dance moves. And our videography. But all that to say, your dog doesn’t have to be the world’s best dancer to enter or win the Jones Dance Off. And your dogs WANTS to win. Oh, it does. And why does your dog want to win? Because the Dance Off winner will get to pick ANY TREAT from the Jones website! That’s right! Pick the treat your dog will like best!
How will we choose the winner? Well, here are the rules:
- Must post the video of your dog(s) dancing to the Jones Natural Chews theme song on your own blog, or send the video link to my inbox and I’ll post it here – I’ll be linking and posting all dance videos, but I have to know about it to post it! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video must be posted on or before September 30th, 2014 – that’s right! I’m giving you WEEKS to do this, and I’ll be reminding you!
- Entrant must be a US resident to win – this rule sucks, but it is what it is, sadly – I blame the US postal service.
- I’ll be choosing the winner via the Random Number Generator, but that doesn’t mean that you can be a slacker about video quality! The whole dog universe will be viewing your dancing dog!
- I’ll post the winner of the contest on my birthday, Friday, October 10th. I’ll be old, then. I’m totally not now.
So! What are you waiting for? Get a move on!
And! And! And! I’m on the road today, heading to Chicago! But first, I’m dropping in on Dawn, from Pet Auto Safety, sleeping on her couch tonight, bringing Maya and Pierson some yummy treats! So cross your paws and say a prayer for me – I’ll be driving all dang day. I’ll see you tomorrow!
Until I write again …