It’s that time of year again! Time to get ready to head to Blog Paws! I know a lot of you won’t be attending – May is a busy month for a lot of people, and not all dog bloggers can or want to attend a blogging conference. It’s the want to that puzzles me.
Don’t get me wrong, there was a time when I didn’t want to attend conferences. BECAUSE I DIDN’T KNOW BETTER. Y’all, dog blogging conferences ROCK! Especially Blog Paws! Jones will have a booth there again this year WITH TREATS!
Some of the good things about dog blogging conferences?
- Costume contests – I love seeing dogs and their owners in fun costumes
- The food is always yummy
- Networking – meeting your favorite online friends in the FUR!
- Classes – there’s always something new to learn about blogging, photography, SEO, rescues, whatever, and plenty of classes lined up
- Products – OMD, so many people think the swag bag and the vendors are the best part, with all kinds of fun things to take home and blog about
- Sponsor opportunities – vendors sometimes come looking to connect with bloggers for mutual benefit
- Key note speakers – way cool people to meet and hear – last year’s Bark World was Victoria Stillwell
So let me introduce you to dogs at conferences past. I do this because the dogs are my favorite part of the conferences. They hunt me down, looking for treats. What’s not to love about all natural, 100% grown and made in the USA dog treats? Meaty, smelly, full of yummy flavor … my own dogs are drooling just thinking about it.
I won’t be bringing our new Affenpinscher pup, Chewy. This might be a problem, since he tends to wig out when I’m gone for just a couple of hours. But I’m working out my travel plans for Bark World in October so he can come with. Bringing your own dog is definitely part of the fun.
Until I write again …