It’s New Years Eve. My JetPack plugin sent me my 2015 year in review, and I thought I’d share with y’all. It fascinates me, anyway, and if you’re a blogger, I recommend JetPack as a plugin. We’re going to look at two things – top five posts for the year, and top five commenters. One thing I ask of you – in the comments, can you leave your favorite treat giveaway from the past year?
- Our number one post for 2015 was The Hoof – Best Dog Chew EVER. This has been a perennial favorite, and one I recycled. It still holds the top spot. I sure wish I knew why. If you read the post, you’ll understand my confusion. Don’t get me wrong, though – I do love this treat and believe it’s still one of the best chews for a lot of dogs.
- My Dog Was Pacing and Panting ran a strong second place. I totally get why, too. People did the same thing I did when Flash was in pain – they Googled symptoms and found my post. We’ve had this happen a couple of times since the original incident, including this past week, when the storms were coming in, and I was able to help relieve Flash’s pain to a degree, knowing that when the barometric pressure reversed itself, my senior dog would start to feel better. If your dog is past the age of eight, or already has hip and joint issues, I recommend reading this post. Next month I’ll be writing about a supplement which I believe has alleviated some of the pain surrounding this issue.
- 5 Great Things About the Windee Beef Trachea – y’all, if I lived near the Jones Natural Chews HQ, I’d skip the supplements and just give the dogs Windee rings for their joints. They’re the highest natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin. Great for senior dogs. I also love that they come in a variety of sizes, from one inch rings to 12 inch tubes.
- Interesting that Stuffed Bone Giveaway is number four. That a giveaway at all is in the top five. But this particular treat is one of Jones’ best treats. It’s a four inch center bone, stuffed with ground beef and hard packed. No air pockets. Tough for dogs to get to the center. In fact, my boss’ dog throws her Bandit’s Bone in the air, letting it crash to the floor, attempting to jar loose the beef in the middle of the bone which she can’t reach with her tongue. So even though it’s a giveaway which is no longer active, it’s still a great treat post.
- Are Pig Ears OK For Your Dog to Eat? is a little bit of a ramble, since it’s another recycle, but it makes the point that, at the very least, Jones Pig Ears are a great treat for dogs. Did you know that some treat companies coat their pig ears?! I had no idea. Fortunately for your dog, Jones’ Pig Ears are single ingredient treats – no coating, no nothing but pig ears. Dogs go nuts for them. But I highly recommend them only in moderation, depending on the size of your dog. It’s rather like sitting down to eat bacon – determine how much your dog can handle in a sitting.
I love year in review. It’s good to look back and see what works and why before moving into a new year. Now! I’m working on treats for the following people, the top five commenters! I love giving things away, but I especially love giving treats to people who spend time here, commenting and reading. Say hello to some of my best blogging buddies, and please visit their blogs, say hi. They’re all amazing people and dogs.
- Emma, at My GBGV Life, is a scent hound. She lives in Minnesota and her mother does some AMAZING photography. Emma poses so nicely. You’ll want to visit for her stories, but the photos will hold you there. If you catch Emma in the kitchen, you’ll see what I mean.
- JoAnn, at Sand Spring Chesapeakes, is a huge Jones Natural Chews fan. Her gorgeous Chessies are hunting dogs and she rewards them, regularly, with Jones bones. They’re pretty naughty pups at times, which is endearing.
- Melissa, at Barking From the Bayou, has the most beautiful boys! A Basset, Bentley, and a Westie, Pierre. She and I are both Louisiana natives, but she’s from the Yankee end, being up at the top of the boot. 😉 She and her husband are some of my favorite people in blogdom, and if you ever meet her in person, tell her Flea says hi.
- Jodi, at Heart Like a Dog, is pithy, salty, and wholly loveable. Pop over to visit if you’re looking to laugh every time you visit a blog. Not only is Jodi funny, she has handsome dogs. Tell her Flea sent you. You won’t regret it.
- 2 Brown Dawgs is another hunting dog blog, also Chessies. Linda and JoAnn are buds, but their two blogs have different feels and flavors. I love that Linda and Jodi both run the Thursday Barks and Bytes blog hop, which I attempt to participate in regularly.
And that’s it! I’m out of time and it’s New Years Eve. I hope you’re all enjoying your last day of 2015! I know I will be. Once I figure out how to sedate the dogs so the fireworks don’t freak them out.
Oh! And enter the Rabbit Entree’ Jerky giveaway, will ya? Thanks!
Until I write again …